Monday, April 25, 2005

Full Moon

The heavens seemed somber and ominous yesterday. Intermittent dark clouds scudded across the night sky as I took my evening walk. When I rounded the harbor on the south side of the village I looked up to see the luminous moon peering from behind the edge of a ragged window in the clouds. All was bathed in a suffused glow.

I stopped to take it in. The silver lining of the clouds framed the blackness beyond. Nearer the horizon a few stars not intimidated by the lunar display sparkled to remind me of the vastness hidden from view. I walked on, content merely to have caught a glimpse of the unfathomable mystery.

.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous12:43 PM

    That was beautifully written.Last night on my walk in the north, the snow had dissipated and I was kept company by the lullabies of the spring peepers and birds of feather.

    ReplyDelete