Friday, September 23, 2005

Guest Writers

Look for several other folks to be posting journal entries in the next few weeks. I will be trading houses with friends from the mountains of North Carolina. Lou Ann will join me for a while, and I'll be able to visit with my son and his family, near Asheville.

I am hoping that Jude, Dallie, & Dale will take turns keeping you informed about the island while I am gone. Maybe my daughter, Amy, will write occasionally, too. And maybe my friends from the mountains will add a post now and then. If they miss a few days here & there, please be patient.

It's always hard to leave Ocracoke, but I am looking forward to seeing Lou Ann and my other grandchildren, and being in the mountains in the fall. I'll be back in early October.

Our current monthly Ocracoke Newsletter is the story of the Old August Storm of 1899, published September 15, 2005. You can read it here: http://www.villagecraftsmen.com/news091505.htm.

.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:16 AM

    Philip, Enjoy your time away and have a wonderful trip. Those of us who are regular readers will look forward to the stories that you return with..Best wishes for a safe and adventurous journey. Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:37 PM

    i didn't know lou ann was your grandchild....guess who

    ReplyDelete