Monday, January 09, 2006

Warm Days, Cool Nights

What a gorgeous day we had today. By mid morning it had warmed up into the mid-60s. It was a great day to be outdoors. Although strong winds were whipping sand across my path and the surf was rough, my afternoon walk on the beach was a wonderful change from sitting at my desk.

I treated myself to another walk this evening through the village. There was hardly a car to be seen and not a soul was out and about. You have to like quiet to spend winters on Ocracoke. And we do.

It has cooled off some since the sun has set. I'll work some more at my desk this evening (I'd rather work after dark, and be outside a bit during daylight hours) and then walk back home to read a while. We're looking forward to a week of great weather.

Our current monthly Ocracoke Newsletter is the story of Ocracoke's Street Names, Part II, published December 19, 2005. You can read it here: http://www.villagecraftsmen.com/news121805.htm.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment