Wednesday, October 11, 2006

It's Only Me

Guess I must have confused some folks and I do apologize. Philip has been gone a lot lately so I've been doing the blogs ( I prefer visits ). I know you can tell the difference between us because when I do them they're erratic in number, the pot lucks stop as do the daily walks on the beach. I apologize for that too. I'm Jude and I've been here forever, but I'm in the back. If you look at the photo on the home page, I'm the blond in the sun glasses and turquoise dress. My son Travis is next to me. Only problem there is that photo is about a million years old and I no more look like that anymore than Bill Clinton does. My offical title around here is "Thorn in Philips' Side" and I carry it proudly. My husband Frank and I have the Hemp Shop next door to Village Craftsmen (little plug there). I'm sure many of you have stopped by there and been insulted by Frank. He's very good at it in a real cute way. Dale Mutro is married to my niece Jaren. My son Matt and daughter-in-law Mary live here with their two daughters Lici, eight and Hannah Rae, two and a half. Mary works for Ocracoke Preservation Society and Matty is a commercial fisherman and is an excellent carpenter. My youngest son Travis lives in Indianapolis with his wife April and their three year old daughter Ava. We have a wonderful Pembroke Welch Corgi named Willy and I know a lot of you know him! He's a celebrity. I'm very involved with Ocracats and have been for years. I kid Philip a lot but it's with affection. He's a good and kind friend. He's back on the island so you'll be hearing from him 'til he goes again. It's been enjoyable visiting with ya'll. Later.

You can read our latest newsletter here. It's the story of the Community Store and other general stores on the island

.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:19 PM

    Hi Jude. I was in there last week talking to Dallie and she mentioned that you might start 'blogging' (I hate that word, too) on the Hemp Shop website about the Okracats, etc. I hope that you do!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:30 AM

    Jude...it isn't who is doing the journal that is important to those of us who would much rather spend time on Ocracoke than anywhere else, it is that someone is doing them for us. Thanks for keeping us in touch with "home".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous4:02 PM

    Hi Jude,
    I have been enjoying your blogs..
    I like your style of writing!

    Thanks for keeping them up so that Philip can travel!!

    Lou Ann

    ReplyDelete