Saturday, November 18, 2006

Flat Cat Cafe

Last night at 7:00 Ocracoke's Youth Center put on a musical variety show for the community. Deepwater Theater was nearly full. The program kicked off with an impressive duet on violin & flute. More violin followed, along with several pieces on keyboard (three by a first grader), some vocals, guitar, more flute, and even dance. Conga drums made their appearance now and then. The audience was appreciative and enthusiastic.

I left a tad early since I host our Friday night poker game at 8:00. When the last game was over shortly after midnight I discovered that I had exactly as much money in my pocket as when I sat down to the table. At least I didn't lose any money.

You can read our latest newsletter here. It's the story of two old maps (1590 & 1795) and place names on the Outer Banks.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment