Sunday, November 12, 2006

A Night to Cozy up to the Fire

Wind and rain today. Actually, mostly wind. Trees are bending, porch swings are swaying, screen doors are banging. Gusts as high as 45 mph, maybe higher, have whipped up the ocean and sound. Even the ferries quit running for a good part of today. I'm told the tide has been flooding Highway 12 on Hatteras. By now it may be over the road on Ocracoke, but I haven't heard.

It was the perfect day to stay indoors. I spent the entire afternoon making pen & ink sketches for Audrey Penn's new book, due out this spring. It will be a sequel to her last book "Mystery at Blackbeard's Cove."

So I suppose I'll walk back home and sit down to do some more drawings. I can't think of a better kind of evening to foster creativity.

To see new items we've added to our on-line catalog, please click here: "What's New at Village Craftsmen".

You can read our latest newsletter here. It's the story of two old maps (1590 & 1795) and place names on the Outer Banks.
.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:01 AM

    Philip, sounds like a good time to read some stories by a dark German Romantic and ghastly ghostly writer named ETS Hoffmann. Do you know him? He wrote short stories that you might really like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the recommendation. I did not know of Hoffmann, so I looked him up on line (I believe you meant E.T.A. Hoffmann). His tales sound wonderful. I have ordered "The Golden Pot & Other Tales" from our local bookstore, Books to be Red. (Whenever possible I shop locally.) Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete