Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Getting Back "In the Groove"

Coming back home is always a tad bitter-sweet. When you live in a beautiful place like Ocracoke it's a lot sweet, as most of our readers can imagine....but it was hard to see Lou Ann walk down the airport terminal alone, heading back to Indiana. We had such a wonderful trip last week. She'll be back in June, and that's a good thing.

Back home, of course, I found my inbox packed with spam (as well as several emails to reply to), my post office box full of bills that need to be paid, and my car still packed with a tent, sleeping bags, camping equipment, and dirty clothes. But the sun is bright and cheery, and neighbors' smiles and waves welcome me back to a community like few others. If only I didn't have to work! But, then again, at least I can work barefooted if I want to! Ocracoke is a good place to come home to, even after a terrific vacation.

This month's Ocracoke Newsletter tells how to make a traditional wooden whistle from a myrtle branch. You can read the newsletter here.

No comments:

Post a Comment