Monday, January 03, 2011

Winter Sunset

Several days ago Lou Ann and I ventured out to South Point to enjoy the sunset over Ocracoke Inlet...and to pay tribute to her father who died last year right after Christmas.

The evening was perfect...a few clouds, a light northwesterly breeze, and a brilliant sunset...just the kind of scene her father would have appreciated.

Farewell, Dick. I know how much Lou Ann misses you.



(Click on Lou Ann's photo to view a larger image.)

Our latest Ocracoke Newsletter is a history of the early twentieth century Doxsee Clam Factory in Ocracoke village. You can read it here: http://www.villagecraftsmen.com/news112110.htm

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:13 AM

    I am so glad to find you back tending to your blog this morning. I feel my life is getting back to normal order and daily routine again after the busy Christmas and New Year's holidays.

    The sunset photo on South Point is lovely. What a touching way to pay tribute to a father. Tell Lou Ann I find myself doing the same thing...paying tributes to my late loved ones. It's difficult, touching and yet soothing, all at the same moment.

    I have found when I need an extra beautiful sunrise or sunset, God sends me one on those days when I need it the most.

    I hope Lou Ann always finds solace and peace with her sunsets.

    Blessings to you and yours in 2011,

    From a NC mainlander who cares

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:59 PM

    Beautiful! I will keep it as my screensaver. I collect sunrises & sunsets. The loveliest ones I have are of Ocracoke .

    ReplyDelete