Monday, November 14, 2016

Latino Festival

This weekend's Latino de Ocracoke Festival was a runaway success. A large crowd turned out to enjoy colorful costumes, savor delicious food, listen to lively music, purchase traditional crafts, learn how to prepare tortillas and guacamole, and to mingle with friends and neighbors.

Below are a few photos I toke on Saturday.

















Our latest Ocracoke Newsletter is about earthquakes that have affected Ocracoke and the Outer Banks. You can read the newsletter here: http://www.villagecraftsmen.com/news092116.htm.   

6 comments:

  1. Wish I could have been there

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debbie Leonard8:05 AM

    It was a wonderful day! I especially love your first photo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:31 AM

    I am so blessed to see your photos. I absolutely love how the Latin culture has been so well accepted on the island. Ocracoke is such a special place because people are willing and able to be open to others. I find that the Hispanic folks come in and appreciate the island's uniqueness and heritage while retaining their own culture. Then, the long term island residents welcome them and their culture with open arms. Is the island really as accepting as it seems? If only we could all get along so well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9:24 AM

    What happened to the pinata workshop?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I heard it went well, but I missed it.

      Delete
  5. Anonymous5:12 PM

    I wonder how many of those people in those photos are here legally?

    ReplyDelete